Kevin focuses his practice on civil litigation, appeals, election law, and constitutional law. He has represented clients in diverse cases in both federal and state courts, as well as before administrative or local government bodies.
These cases include: contract and business disputes, occupational or professional licensing, voting laws, initiative petitions, and First Amendment matters. He also has extensive experience dealing with Nevada state agencies, open meeting law compliance and public records issues.
Kevin earned his Juris Doctor from Rutgers School of Law, and holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Nevada - Reno.
- Independent Alcohol Distributors v. Dept. of Taxation, Case No. 73883 (Nev. pending): successfully obtained an injunction against the Department of Taxation pending a full appeal on the legality of the Department's regulations related to licenses to distribute adult-use marijuana.
- Coalition for Nevada's Future v. RIP Commerce Tax, Case No. 69501 (Nev. 2016): challenge to a referendum petition aimed at repealing the Commerce Tax.
- Workman v. Attorney General, Case No. 65716 (Nev. 2014): defended petition for writ of quo warranto or mandamus requesting the Attorney General to remove a sitting mayor for allegedly violating Nevada's term limits.
- Townley v. Miller, 722 F.3d 1128 (9th Cir. 2013): defended Nevada's unique "None of these candidates" ballot option.
- Angle v. Miller, 673 F.3d 1122 (9th Cir. 2012): defended Nevada's initiative petition statutes against First Amendment and Equal Protection challenges.
- Arena Initiative Comm. v. Legislature, Case No. 60608 (Nev. 2012): defended state regulations covering the process of verifying signatures on initiative petitions.
- In re Estate of Melton, 272 P.3d 668 (Nev. 2012): obtained a reversal on appeal, rejecting the common law rules of disinheritance and enforcing the testator's will.
- Lawrence v. Clark County, 254 P.3d 606 (Nev. 2011): established the State's sovereign ownership of land submerged under a navigable waterway at the time of statehood.
- Nevada Supreme Court Bench-Bar Committee
- State Bar of Nevada Appellate Litigation Section